We are currently hiring for the following positions (as of July 15, 2017)
Email your interest, resume, and introduction to jason [at] locustcider.com
The Packaging Technician is an entry level role with no experience required in this area.
We are looking for a humble, reliable and extremely hardworking person who wants a foot in the door at a fast-growing hard cider company. This position is a hands-on packaging team member. Every day you will be canning, bottling, labeling, pasteurizing, kegging, or shipping cider. It is humble, heads down work, but brings the challenge of learning about our operations, and potential for growth in a fast growing company.
· Safely and productively operate hard cider packaging equipment including canning, bottling, kegging, pasteurizing and labeling
· Achieve production targets set daily by operations manager
· Optimize yield/minimize waste of packaging processes
· Optimize throughput and cycle times of processes
· Setup and teardown, and clean in place and wash equipment at the start and end of shifts
· Communicate progress clearly to manager and to the next shift
· Maintain clean and organized work areas
· Become an expert on the various packaging equipment with the ability to troubleshoot everyday issues
· Be responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment
· Be able to be on your feet for 8 hours a day
· Lift and move up to 80 pounds
· Be flexible- change tasks in the middle of a day at management direction
· Be reliable- this is a production role, so on time and ready to work is critical
· Be humble- this is an entry level role, with the opportunity to learn more about other parts of the company
· Have great verbal communications skills
· Be responsible around alcohol and those who drink it- have a “designated driver” attitude
· Handle ambiguity and the general madness of a small and fast-growing company
· Have basic mechanical knowledge, know the difference between a crescent wrench and an allen wrench
· Have strong interest in beverage production and production/manufacturing equipment and automation
The work environment is fun and high energy. It is also a hot, wet, cramped, loud production environment.
NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. WE DO LOOK FOR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL, RESTAURANT, MANUFACTURING OR PRODUCTION.
Role is paid hourly 40 hours a week
LOCATION: Woodinville, WA
Represent Locust Cider at sampling events at off-premise (grocery, liquor stores, etc) locations. That means pour and share samples of Locust with grocery customers, tell and share the story of the company, and convert them in to lifetime Locust customers!
Represent Locust Cider at on-premise (bar and restaurant) events.
Merchandise Locust Cider packaging and POS materials at off-premise accounts.
Support festivals and events occasionally.
This role is paid hourly and hours are up and down, mostly weekends and evenings. This is a great fill-in job for students (over 21), stay-at-home parents, etc.
Candidate must have a PASSION for craft beverages, amazing outgoing personality, and high level of reliability. You must be able to be on your feet for 8 hours a day.
LOCATIONS: Washington, Oregon, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston